Job title: Analyst, Insights
Direct report: Head, Insights
To apply mathematical and statistical methods to financial and risk management problems and to develop and implement investment and pricing models for financial and business decisions.
- Conduct quantitative research on frontier and emerging markets
- Design and implement statistical models to determine the pulse of key African markets
- Coordinate with analysts to establish quantitative techniques by analysing trading strategies, market conditions, and trading system performance
- Maintain a comprehensive database of market sensitive information for analyses
- Creating a risk-management framework for implementing the strategy and proposing a systematic method for increasing or decreasing portfolio risk.
- Generate market and portfolio analysis to support fixed income strategies
- Communicate with portfolio managers and other clients on actionable ideas to enhance portfolio returns
- The role requires the successful candidate to be a self-starter with advanced math and programming skills who is comfortable working hands-on with market data, solving problems, and writing production code.
Required skills or attributes
- Advanced knowledge of mathematics and statistics
- Outstanding coding and/or quantitative skills
- Experience with R or Python
- Very good understanding of data exploration and modelling
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills with a strong desire to learn
- Ability to work well in a cooperative, time-sensitive, market-driven environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with minimal supervision
- Ability to work individually and with the group on complex problem solving
- An undergraduate degree in computer science, physical sciences, engineering, mathematics, or financial engineering.
- GHS 2,500- GHS 4,000