Job title: Operations Intern
Direct report: Head, Operations
To assist the operations team with its day-to-day activities to ensure that the required level of client service is provided
- Oversee and review assigned accounting records for funds under management.
- Assist with annual audits of funds including working with external auditors, fund administrators, and other internal resources, as necessary.
- Respond to inquiries and work with both internal departments and external stakeholders to ensure the required level of client service is being provided.
- Prepare journal entries for all funds.
- Monitor task approvals and conduct follow-up as needed.
- Ensuring all scheduled work is completed by agreed deadlines, checklists are signed, and files contain all required supporting documents.
- Ensuring compliance with all controls and procedures outlined in the procedures manual and general company policies
- Assist with ad-hoc requests and special projects
- The role requires the successful candidate to have strong technical skills and experience working across multiple business areas and/or functions to deliver results
Required skills or attributes:
- Strong technical skills including accounting principles and theories.
- Excellent communication, influencing, and negotiation skills with the ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships both internally and with external clients.
- Analytical skills, problem-solving, good critical thinking, and decision-making skills.
- Experience working across multiple business areas and/or functions to deliver results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; executive presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Relationship-building skills – develop internal and external partnerships to drive results.
- Expert use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and ability to present to senior management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or closely related field.
- GHS 1,000