Fund Operations Analyst
Job title: Fund Operations Analyst
Direct report: Fund Accountant
To ensure operational efficiency in running the fund administration capability underlying our collective investment schemes.
- Reviewing due diligence reports for investors and onboarding them into funds
- Processing and reporting investor transactions including subscriptions, redemptions, and transfers
- Liaise with the Wealth Management team to review AML/KYC of Investors
- Liaise with the Investment Team to confirm cash activity and preparing confirmations for investors
- Provide reliable problem/issue resolution services to clients.
- Responsible for the day-to-day accounting and reporting for funds
- Process general ledger activity for investor-level, fund-level, and investment-level transactions
- Handle daily reconciliations against a bank and with the asset management records
- Maintain a complete and accurate list of all clients, including, but not limited to contact information
- Assist internal auditors with information requests on an ongoing basis
- Assist external auditors during year-end audits
- Manage reviews of process, procedure and assist in developing effective working procedures.
- The role requires the successful candidate to be a self-starter with advanced numeracy skills and comfortable with working with spreadsheets.
Required skills or attributes:
- Related experience, preferably in a fund accounting or administration role
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Banking or financial services experience is a plus
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Basic understanding of accounting
- Strong attention to detail, self-motivated, and able to multi-task
- Ability to meet strict deadlines throughout the day
- Knowledge of Python or any other programming language is a plus
- Ability to work well in a cooperative, time-sensitive, market-driven environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with minimal supervision
- Ability to work individually and with the group on complex problem solving
- An undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, or business-related degree.
- GHS 2,500- GHS 4,000